Constipation and Yoga

Constipation and Yoga


Let me give you my background:-Constipated since January. -Diagnosed with GERD 4 years ago.-taking prilosec daily-taking Miralax every morning (same with Metamucil)-eating a bland high fiber diet -taking Colace every nightAll this on top of college life and work. Exercising wasn't easy or practical for me with so much build up, back up, and so little time. Beginning in January, I spent most of my time in bed feeling not only sick, but also fat, immobile, unhealthy, unattractive and abnormal.All that has changed and all it took was a youtube search and the reminder that, for me, 40 minutes once a day spent focused on my HEALTH instead of work or friends would have lasting benefits that made everything else more enjoyable, even easy. And it has!Yes, that's right.Go to to LEARN How To Treat Your Constipation And Other Digestive Problems NATURALLY. Youtube. I'm not hawking a class or a teacher. I can't afford either. Instead, I found a 40 minute free beginner video, and I do it in my dorm room once a day. I always feel great once I'm done. It has only been a few days, but my bowels have been moving from the day I started, and I finally had my first complete evacuation since January. It doesn't exacerbate my GERD, either. I would recommend Yoga to anyone, though I'd caution you to start S-L-O-W.Sickat20I'm a yoga fan myself-- on and off. But I know that when I regularly practice yoga, I always feel a lot better and more relaxed.I've never tried using it for constipation purposes but good to know it has worked for you.Constipation and Yoga