constipation cured

I have had cronic constipation for as long as I can remember. Sometimes I wouldn't have a bowell movement for up to 2 weeks. I have also stopped up plenty of toliets. Mucus and blood was also in my stool. I have tried everything the doctors told me and nothing seemed to work. By accident, I think I stumbled on to my cure. Just recently, I eleminated all bread from my diet and I cut back on sugar. Since I stopped eating bread, I have gone 2 times a day! I haven't tried eating whole grain bread yet. So I think maybe my body has a hard time digesting the flour. It worked for me so I just wanted to pass it along.
Just in case anyone needs it, I found something great for constipation. I was really bad for weeks nothing worked then I saw someone sd a teaspoon of honey & then drink a hot drink. That did the trick really cleaned me out big time!
I take opoid pain killers for back pain and naturally I am constipated. I have tried every OTC and prescription med available to no avail, although some do work for a while but eventually give out! Anyone with any suggestions would be welcome.
I read with interest the various success's with whole grain breads. I too suffered from chronic constipation (for many years). Often times - up to two weeks before BM. Recently I came across WheatBelly(dotcom) and discovered my own miracle - by eliminating wheat. In 40 days I lost 26 lbs and have been eliminating more daily than I eat. My stomack gets smaller by the day. Gluten has been the issue all along. For the last 10 yrs I had been only eating whole grain bread and that didn't make a difference (I was waiting for it to start working like most people say, about the fiber) but nothing changed. The dastardly gluten (glue) is what bunged me up. I still can't believe that constipation has not been an issue for over a month and how I am feeling healthier than in my teens. That stuff effects everything not just bowels. My knees no longer ache and mental clarity is noticably improved. Good luck to all in your quest to solve constipation.