Could you recommend something to help induce a bowel movement?

Could you recommend something to help induce a bowel movement?Would you recommend anything to help induce a bowel movement? I've been taking Colace for 3 days and still haven't gone to the restroom. I usually go every 3 to 4 days. I take Benefiber and exercise and eat healthy. I think that not being able to use the restroom is the reason I'm not losing that much weight.There are certain medications that can be used to treat constipation. Laxatives are foods, compounds, or drugs taken to induce bowel movements or to loosen the stool. Laxatives work to hasten the elimination of undigested remains of food in the large intestine and colon. An enema is the procedure of introducing liquids into the rectum and colon via the anus. In your particular case, I would recommend either an enema such as Fleet enema or a laxative suppository such as Dulcolax suppository. Both are available at your pharmacy in a generic form. I do not think that it is healthy for you to have a bowel movement every 3 to 4 days. I would also recommend that you add a bulk fiber product to your benefiber, such as Metamucil (psyllium husk) or Citrocel (methylcellulose), again both available at your pharmacy. For any immediate concerns, consult your physician. Joseph Hall, RPh