what can I do about the constipation

I take many medications and want to know :

what can I do about the constipation I experience regularly?

I am on so many medications. I have CAD' COPD, Diabetes, Fibromyalgia, HBP, HC, plus I take Plavix and Effexor XL and a few herbs for sweats. I can't take Estrogen because of two former pulmonary embolisms. My question, what can I take for constipation, I stay miserable most of the time.Constipation is defined as fewer than three to four bowel movements per week. However individuals have different amounts of bowel movements. Constipation can be short term or can be long term in nature and can include small, dry and hard stools. Some non medication options for the treatment of constipation include adding fiber to your diet, drinking an adequate amount of fluids and getting enough exercise. Some medications can cause constipation. There are various medication options available to treat constipation. Over the counter products include the following: Stimulants: help by creating contractions in the intestines, therefore stimulating a bowel movement. Examples include: Correctol, mineral oil and Fleet bisacodyl. Lubricants: help by allowing feces to move through the colon better. Examples include: mineral oil Stool softeners: help by adding moisture to the stool, resulting in a softer stool. Examples include: Colace and Surfak Fiber supplements: Examples include: Citrucel, FiberCon and Metamucil Osmotics: help by allowing fluids to move through the colon. Examples include: Miralax Saline laxatives: help by bringing in water to the colon. Examples include: milk of magnesia There are also prescription products available that help treat constipation. One example is Amitiza (lubiprostone). Amitiza helps by increasing the amount of fluids that are secreted in the intestines. It is important to talk to your physician regarding your constipation. Your physician can properly diagnose you and treatment options can be explored based upon the diagnosis.
 Constipation can be a sign or symptom of other medical conditions, some of which can be serious.