Constipation - so what ?

I recommend that you should try mannitol.(from 10 to 30 grams a day) start with 10 and increase up to 30 if necessary) it works, it has no side effect it is safe and you can use it for very long periods, even years, until things get better. IT IS A SOLUTION. HermioneYour bowels seem like mine. I sometimes don't go for almost 2 weeks, and when I do it's so big and painfull. I don't use laxatives either, I just let nature take its course. Whats the longest you've been constipated
I would normally think 2 weeks is long but I have had that before (without going.) Then I read on a site that it is not normal and you may have chronic constipation. Chronic?! I hope I don't. Whenever I reach the 8 day mark I get super nervous and take a laxative. Although nature takes it's course, it's too slow! lol.
hermionenow you got me curious, have you always had such large bowel movements. How do you squeeze out these giant poops? When I poop I try to bend bend way over to "stretch" out my hole more and this has always helped but my poop is still sometimes too fat and tears my rectum. I don't think I've ever had one as big as yours. Whats your secret to keep your anus from tearing?
I'm surprised nobody has mentioned Oxy-Powder on this thread!If you want to get rid of constipation completely, you have got to try this product. It's not a laxative, it's an all natural oxygen based colon cleanser developed by Dr. Edward F. Group.I've been taking it for over a year now and I absolutely love it. It's safe, easy to use and it actually works! If you are desperate for constipation relief, I highly recommend Oxy-Powder....BTW the company offers a 100% money back guarantee, so if you don't like it, simply return the product. You can't beat that with a bat!

I'm frequently constipated. When I get crampy, I take a castile soap and water enema, holding the bag just high enough to keep the water flowing. I hold it in for 10 to 15 minutes, until I have an overwhelming urge to go. The soapy water softens and lubricates my poop, and the soap's laxative action makes it easy to get all the poop and water out. The warm water tends to relieve my cramps while I'm taking the enema, but I sometimes get cramps while it's working. Even if I get cramps, they're not nearly as bad as the cramps from being constipated, and I feel fine within a half hour. Since I learned how to use enemas comfortably, I've stopped using any other laxative.
!Veggies and fruit do not work for me!Recently I have constipation and sometimes the tip of my stool is mixed with blood!So after advice from my mother, I started taking honey drink (honey mixed with warm water) every morning after I've wake up. Then in the late afternoon or evening, I will take 8oz-10oz of prune juice, so that I have enough time to go to the toilet when the feeling comes. It works within 2 hours. The stool will be watery and passes out easily.Last but not least, drink lots of water or fresh orange juice throughout the day.Honey drink and prune juice do wonders!Hope that helps!
I have struggled with constipation for YEARS and enormous stools that can't always go down the toilet. My lower colon gets over stretched and is not always able to push the hard stools out when needed. My MD thought that I needed a stimulant to improve my peristaltic functioning (that's the muscle movement/constriction that works all throughout your digestive system to clear your body of waste) Domperidone Maleate. It's not a conventional medication for constipation but it works for me. I take 20mg at night, sometimes with a stool softener and 10 mg the next day to 'wake up' the digestive tract and it should result in a BM. Some cramping and stomach pain can occur because you're getting your body to use muscles it's not used to using. Do it every few days (give yourself a break) to relieve stomach ache.
I had never suffered with constipation until I had diverticulitis. I ended up having a bowl resection. Now a year later I am getting constipation.