Medications for constipation during pregnancy

Are there any medications that I can take for constipation during pregnancy?

I am 12 weeks pregnant, and I'm terribly bloated and constipated. I've always had a reasonably high fiber diet, and I try to drink enough water. Are there any medications I can take just to get a little relief from time to time?The safest way to combat constipation during pregnancy is to eat a lot of fiber, drink 6 to 8 glass of water a day, and mild exercise for 30 minutes most days. Metamucil is a safe over the counter product to use, but it is just adding more fiber to your diet. The best thing to do is to consult with your OB/GYN to see what he or she is recommending for patients to use. Each physician has their own favorite over-the-counter products you can use during pregnancy. They usually make a list of all types of medications so you can have it for the entire pregnancy, just in case a cold or some other ailment pops up.
What can I take for constipation during pregnancy?