What do I take to stimulate my colon?

My stools are soft enough to pass through, but I am frequently constipated. I exercise a lot, drink at least 8-8 oz. glasses of water a day, and eat plenty of fruits/veggies, and whole grains. What can I take to stimulate my colon?The first steps to treating constipation are eating high-fiber foods, drinking plenty of fluids, and exercising. If you have tried these changes and are still constipated, you may need a laxative to help the problem. There are several types of laxatives and each type works in a different way. Some agents increase the bulk and add water to the stool to make it easier to pass. These include Metamucil and Fiberall. There are also osmotic agents (Milk of Magnesia, Cephulac, and Sorbitol) that increase the amount of fluid in the colon, keeping stools soft and easy to pass. Stimulant laxatives promote muscle contraction in the colon and include Correctol, Dulcolax, Purge, and Senokot. Lastly, there are lubricant laxatives, which help to grease the stools to help them pass more easily. Mineral oil is the most common lubricant laxative and it can be found in Fleet products. These laxatives are intended for short-term use. If you are concerned about your constipation or you have used laxatives for more than 1 week, you may want to contact your health care provider.