It feels like my butt was sewn shut

...seriously.A little over a year ago I went through a traumatic move in my life blah blah long story and a almost exactly a year ago I began to defecate less often.I used to go like 3 times a day and it was quick and painless and easy, but for about a year it has been really hard. Sometimes worse that others. It feels like my anus is really small because I strain A LOT and when I look in the toilet it's like a piece of poo the size of a marble. I don't get it.Does anyone know why it feels like my butt has been superglued for one year?
Dear Used to Poo Often:I would suggest seeing your doctor for a complete exam first. She/he may run tests such as a rectal exam, colon xray or colonoscopy to make sure your constipation is not caused by some abnormality. Examine your diet: Are you drinking enough water and eating enough fiber? Do you eat alot of cheese, sugar and processed foods? These can cause constipation. You may just have IBS since you mentioned a "traumatic move". If that's all it is, then you might want to try taking cascara segrada at bedtime and see if that gets things moving. Of course the "dreaded enema" is what I recommend of stubborn constipation. Start with a nice 1/2 liter of cool filtered water to stimulate contractions in the bowel and clean out all that toxic waste you must be building. You'll be surprised how much better you'll feel! First check with your doctor though. If your bowel is otherwise healthy, you can take an enema safely. I hope you feel better soon.
i'm 22 and i constipated very badly for 6 months. it was torture. nothing worked - i ate an equivalent of a small forest everyday and metamucil, lansoyl, a papaya a day, you name it i did it.