post-op constipation

What can I try for post-op constipation besides milk of magnesia and lots of water?I need advice on post-op constipation. I had surgery Wed (5/5) suppository in the hospital on Saturday, good bowel movements. I was released to home (5/8). I've had no bowel movements since. I have been eating full meals and 70 oz water daily, have had okay bowel sounds and some gas. Had 4 tablespoons milk of magnesia on Tuesday and Wednesday with no effect. What's next, another round of MOM?Your question regards management of post-op constipation. At this point, I would definitely recommend talking to your surgeon about this constipation. Make sure to tell them how long you have been without a bowel movement. They may want you to come in to the office to be further evaluated. Jen Marsico, RPh